All listings for this product
Save on Cook Books
- AU $34.59Trending at AU $35.67
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.71
- AU $20.72Trending at AU $30.76
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $26.56
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $26.24
- AU $31.21Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $44.68Trending at AU $44.77
About this product
- DescriptionThis title features over 45 delicious, easy-to-follow recipes from sensational starters and filling main meals to fabulous salads and side dishes. It features a comprehensive guide to the many varieties of onion, leek, garlic, shallot, spring onion and chive, with advice on cultivation, preparation and cooking techniques. It includes dishes for every occasion, from French Onion Soup and Spring Onion and Ricotta Fritters to Garlic and Chilli Marinated Beef, and Barley Risotto with Roasted Squash and Leeks. This handy volume opens with a visual guide to the many varieties of alliums available today. Also included in this informative reference section is a comprehensive study of the history and folklore surrounding the allium family, how to cultivate and harvest your own onions, and how to prepare and cook them. The recipe collection draws on dishes from around the world and demonstrates just how delicious cooking with onions can be. Each recipe is beautifully photographed in full colour and step-by-step instructions make them easy to follow, ensuring successful results every time. This book is an essential tool to using one of the world's best-loved cooking ingredients and kitchen or cook should be without it.
- Author BiographyBrian Glover is a well-known and popular food and cookery writer who has written for national magazines for over ten years. He contributes a monthly column to Homes & Gardens magazine and he is the author of the Homes & Gardens Cookbook. Brian's passion for seasonal food, cooked simply but imaginatively, has twice won him the prestigious Cookery Journalist of the Year Award from the Guild of Food Writers, first in 1997 and then again in 1999.
- Author(s)Brian Glover
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication01/09/2010
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note300 colour photographs
- Weight676 g
- Width233 mm
- Height301 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.