All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionThis book shows those embarking on an illustration or graphic design career how best to put together an effective, professional portfolio. It discusses what to include and how to organize and display the work, and also advises on presentation techniques and self-promotion. Both print and digital portfolios are covered. Deciding who to approach for work is of key importance whether you are looking for a full-time position or freelance work, and the book maps out the creative marketplace, examining the main areas of work and describing the types of position available in each, and how the commissioning process works. Tips are included from commissioners and practitioners working in magazine and book publishing, design, advertising, TV/film and beyond, as well as agents and educators. The book also features a listings section detailing online resources and publications to aid research, suppliers, specialist libraries, industry-related trade fairs and professional organizations.
- Author BiographyFig Taylor is Portfolio Consultant at the Association of Illustrators, London. She graduated from Chelsea School of Art with a degree in graphic design, then ran her own London-based illustration agency. She lectures extensively on professional practice to students throughout the UK.
- Author(s)Fig Taylor
- PublisherLaurence King Publishing
- Date of Publication14/10/2013
- SubjectThe Arts: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLaurence King Publishing
- Out-of-print date02/08/2016
- Content Note260 colour illustrations
- Weight660 g
- Width177 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.