All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $73.29
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.81
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.75
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.95
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.60
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.55
About this product
- DescriptionTHE SCHOOL OF LIFE IS DEDICATED TO EXPLORING LIFE'S BIG QUESTIONS IN HIGHLY-PORTABLE PAPERBACKS, FEATURING FRENCH FLAPS AND DECKLE EDGES, THAT THE NEW YORK TIMES CALLS DAMNABLY CUTE. WE DON'T HAVE ALL THE ANSWERS, BUT WE WILL DIRECT YOU TOWARDS A VARIETY OF USEFUL IDEAS THAT ARE GUARANTEED TO STIMULATE, PROVOKE, AND CONSOLE.AN INSPIRATIONAL, ENTERTAINING, AND INSTRUCTIVE GUIDE ON WHAT TO DO WHEN FACED WITH ADVERSITY AND HOW TO DERIVE MEANING FROM ITNo matter how insulated we are by wealth or friends, we can all expect to undergo some form of loss, failure, or disappointment. The common reaction is to bear it as best we can some do this better than others and move on with life. Dr. Christopher Hamilton proposes a different response to adversity. Focusing on the arenas of family, love, illness, and death, he explores constructive ways to deal with adversity and embrace it to derive unique insight into our condition. In How to Deal with Adversity, offering examples from history, literature, and science, Hamilton suggests how we might recognize it as a precious source of enlightenment, shaping our very existence.
- Author BiographyDr. Christopher Hamilton is Senior Lecturer in the Philosophy of Religion at King's College London. He is the author of Middle Age, part of the Art of Living series published by Acumen books in 2009, and Living Philosophy, published by Edinburgh University Press, 2001.
- Author(s)Professor Christopher Hamilton
- PublisherPicador USA
- Date of Publication02/09/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Series TitleSchool of Life
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPicador USA
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight154 g
- Width115 mm
- Height184 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.