All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionComprehensive step-by-step instructions are accompanied by detailed illustrations that introduce readers to an extensive range of fabric alteration and embellishment techniques, such as tie-dyeing, block printing, and beading. Crafters will be fully equipped with all the information they need, allowing them the freedom to apply these techniques to any number of fabric projects, from tote bags and clothes to cushion covers, lamp shades, and soft furnishings. Galleries throughout the book feature examples of these techniques, demonstrating how they have been applied to fabric and providing readers with a wealth of inspiration. Divided into three sections, How to Decorate and Embellish Your Fabrics begins with essential information on tools and materials, as well as a comprehensive chapter on pattern design, which covers computer rendered patterns in addition to hand drawn designs. The second section is organized by technique, covering bleaching, dyeing, and printing, as well as more complex embellishing techniques such as embroidery, needlepunching and foil embossing. Each chapter concludes with a practitioner interview, affording an insight into the working practices of contemporary fabric crafters, and providing readers with further inspiration for their own projects. The third section is aimed at keen crafters who want to take their fabric designs to the next level, and offers in-depth advice on important issues such as how aspiring amateurs can best market and sell their own designs.
- Author BiographyLaurie Wisbrun is a pattern and textile designer specialising in art for textiles, craft/hobby products, home decor products, wallpaper, stationery & paper goods, children's apparel and more. Her art reflects her passion for modern design - clean lines and vibrant color combinations. She returned to Austin in 2008 leaving behind an all-consuming Manhattan-based marketing career to establish a creatively meaningful business based on her distinct vision. Laurie launched her design career by self-producing limited-run fabric and selling it online through her Etsy store, Tufted Tweets. She has quickly developed a rapidly expanding following in the quilting category. In addition to exhibitions at Surtex 2010 and 2011 as a pattern and textile designer, several of her designs have recently been licensed for two collections for Robert Kaufman Fabrics. Leveraging her marketing background, Laurie uses her blog http://lauriewis.blogspot.com and her Etsy store http://scarletfig.etsy.com as a barometer to gauge consumers' reactions and to test the commercial viability of her designs. Laurie self-produces and sells limited-run fabric and stationery goods to drive a deeper understanding of the ever-expanding market of modern crafters, quilters, and consumers looking for fresh new patterns.
- Author(s)Laurie Wisbrun
- PublisherSearch Press Ltd
- Date of Publication13/11/2012
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationTunbridge Wells
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSearch Press Ltd
- Content Note200 colour illustrations
- Weight661 g
- Width190 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.