Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.58Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.52Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $17.55Trending at AU $22.92
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
About this product
- DescriptionMany books discuss how to attack in chess, but resourceful defensive play is also a vital ingredient in competitive success. This is an area largely neglected in the literature of the game. This book fills the gap admirably. Following a survey of general defensive methods in chess, Dr Colin Crouch investigates the techniques of World Champions Emanuel Lasker and Tigran Petrosian, both highly effective defenders. Lasker would place myriad practical obstacles in the opponent's way, and was a master of the counterattack. Petrosian developed Nimzowitsch's theories of prophylaxis to a new level. His opponents would find that somehow their attacking chances had been nullified long before they could become reality.
- Author BiographyInternational Master Dr Colin Crouch is a highly experienced chess-player from England who has written well-regarded books about openings, endgames and middlegame theory. His game annotations have appeared in several major chess magazines, including Inside Chess and Chess Monthly.
- Author(s)Colin Crouch
- PublisherGambit Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication01/05/2007
- SubjectHobbies, Pastimes & Indoor Games
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGambit Publications Ltd
- Out-of-print date07/04/2016
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight295 g
- Width145 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.