All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe first book on Christian apologetics written by a leading atheist figure that teaches Christians the best and worst arguments for defending their faith against attack The Christian faith has been vigorously defended with a variety of philosophical, historical, and theological arguments, but many of the arguments used in an earlier age longer resonate in today's educated West. Where has apologetics gone wrong? What is the best response to the growing challenge presented by scientific discovery and naturalistic thought? Unlike every work on Christian apologetics that has come before, How to Defend the Christian Faith is the first one written by an atheist for Christians. As a former Christian defender who is w a leading atheist thinker, John Loftus answers these questions and more. He tells would-be apologists how to train properly, where to study, what to study, what issues they should concern themselves with, and how poorly the professors who currently train them practice their craft. In the process, he shows readers why Christian apologists have failed to reach the intelligent nbeliever. For those Christian apologists who think this book will provide a secret formula to convert the nbelieving masses, be warned: as an expose of the present state of Christian aplogetics, it can just as easily be used by atheists to refute apologetic arguments. Thus, this book presents both an opportunity and a challenge to Christians: they must either change how apologetics is done, or quit doing apologetics altogether.
- Author BiographyDr. Peter Boghossian is a full-time faculty member in Portland State Universitys philosophy department. He was thrown out of the doctoral program in the University of New Mexicos philosophy department.
- Author(s)John W. Loftus
- PublisherPitchstone Publishing
- Date of Publication01/11/2015
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPitchstone Publishing
- Weight388 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Foreword byPeter G. Boghossian
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.37Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $74.26Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $35.49Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.58Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.