Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- Description'Laurie Makin's and Marian Whitehead's book on How to Develop Children's Literacy stands out from the usual guides on child development and learning. The language is accessible and engaging. The text is empowering rather than condescending in tone and in content. Teacher trainees and people working with children, including parents, who are wanting a good depth of information quickly about children's early literacy development will find this book provides it' - Childforum, New Zealand Are you studying for a vocational qualification in early childhood? Are you a qualified teacher working with under-fives for the first time? Are you a nursery nurse or teaching assistant? Or are you thinking about doing one of these things? If so, this book is for you. The years before a child starts school are crucial in establishing strong foundations for literacy. This book addresses current issues relating to early literacy. The authors offer pragmatic ideas and information on key areas including: } literacy for babies and toddlers } literacy for preschool, daycare and nursery children } play, bilingualism, special needs and official curriculum frameworks. How to Develop Children's Early Literacy is a practical guide designed to support all early literacy educators.
- Author BiographyLaboratory Manager Civil Engineering School of Engineering Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment Marian R Whitehead was formerly a Senior Lecturer in Education at Goldsmiths College, University of London, with responsibility for organizing and teaching M.A. degrees in Language and Literature and Early Childhood Education. She has published extensively on literacy, literature and bilingualism and is a co-editor of the journal Early Years. She now combines writing with language and early years consultancy work. She is the co-editor of Early Years, An International Journal of Research and Development. She is a well known author, and her books include How to Develop Children's Early Literacy, with Makin, L (Paul Chapman Publishing 2003), Developing Language and Literacy with Young Children, Second Edition (Paul Chapman Publishing, 2002) Supporting Language and Literacy in the Early Years (1999) Open University Press.
- Author(s)Laurie Makin,Marian R. Whitehead
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication14/11/2003
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPaul Chapman Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight386 g
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.