All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHow great to have this practical introduction to doing critical discourse analysis, especially one that provides examples of multimodal discourse analysis. Extremely useful for students who need tools for the study of text, talk and images. - Teun van Dijk, Pompeu Fabra University The authors have truly achieved the impossible: to make extremely complex phemena accessible for students and scholars alike. Thus, this textbook will provide a most helpful guide when looking for adequate ways to grasp and analyze the intricate interdependence of written, oral and visual forms of semiosis. - Ruth Wodak, Lancaster University How do media texts manipulate and persuade us? How do language and images play out the ideas, values and identities? This book shows readers exactly how language, power and ideology are negotiated in media texts, from magazine and advertising, to YouTube and music videos. Presenting a systematic toolkit of theories, concepts and techniques for doing language and image analysis, students learn how to dig deep into discourses and the media landscape. With case studies and examples from a range of traditional and new media content, the book equips students to understand the relationship between language, discourse and social practices.
- Author BiographyDavid Machin is lecturer at Cardiff University.
- Author(s)Andrea Mayr,David Machin
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication23/03/2012
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white halftones
- Weight431 g
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.64
- AU $23.12Trending at AU $33.89
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.