All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHow to Draw is for artists, architects and designers. It is useful to the vice, the student and the professional. You will learn how to draw any object or environment from your imagination, starting with the most basic perspective drawing skills. Early chapters explain how to draw accurate perspective grids and ellipses that in later chapters provide the foundation for more complex forms. The research and design processes used to generate visual concepts are demonstrated, making it much easier for you to draw things never-before-seen! Best of all, more than 25 pages can be scanned via a smartphone or tablet using the new Design Studio Press app, which link to video tutorials for that section of the book! With a combined 26 years of teaching experience, Scott Robertson and Thomas Bertling bring you the lessons and techniques they have used to help thousands of their students become professional artists and designers. This book is indispensable for anyone who wants to learn, or teaches others, how to draw.
- Author BiographyScott Robertson Former Chair of Entertainment Design: Art Center College of Design Designer / Author / Educator / Co-Producer With over 17 years of experience teaching and creating curriculum on how to design, draw, and render at the highest college level, Scott brings unique and unquestioned expertise to the presentation and communication of the concept design field. He has authored or co-authored 10 books on design and concept art. In addition to books, he has co-produced over 40 educational DVDs with The Gnomon Workshop; 9 of which feature his own lectures. Scott frequently lectures around the world for various corporations and colleges. In addition to teaching, Scott has worked on a wide variety of projects ranging from vehicle and alien designs for the Hot Wheels animated series, Battle Force Five and theme park attractions such as the Men in Black ride in Orlando, Florida for Universal Studios. Some of his clients have included the BMW subsidiary Design-works/USA, Bell Sports, Giro, Mattel Toys, Spin Master Toys, Patagonia, Minority Report feature film, Nike, Rockstar Games, Sony Online Entertainment, Sony Computer Entertainment of America, Buena Vista Games, THQ and Fiat to name just a few. To see more of Scott Robertson's personal and professional work, please visit www.drawthrough.com and his blog at www.drawthrough.blogspot.com Thomas Bertling Thomas Bertling has an extensive background as a successful industrial designer and engineer, with a varied array of clients such as Disney, Samsung, and Whole Foods, and a diverse portfolio of completed products on the market, from state-of-the-art medical innovations to combat-ready military vehicles. This hands-on expertise gives him a distinct approach and remarkable edge in addition to being an acclaimed design educator. With substantial experience teaching all levels of perspective sketching and construction to both university students and corporate clients, he has created comprehensive and proven curricula rooted in practicality and real-world application. He currently serves as Director of Entertainment Design at Art Center College of Design as well as teaching several courses and training faculty members. To see more of Thomas Bertling's personal and professional work, please visit www.thomasworks.com.
- Author(s)Scott Robertson
- PublisherDesign Studio Press
- Date of Publication15/11/2013
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationCulver City
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDesign Studio Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations, black & white line drawings, colour line drawings
- Weight1111 g
- Width231 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine20 mm
Most relevant reviews
- aaron199112725 May, 2017by
Book with online tutorial, such a nice learning experience.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.85Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.43Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.