All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe desire for fulfilling work is one of the great aspirations of our age and this inspirational book reveals how one might make it a reality. It explores the competing claims we face for money and status while doing something meaningful and in tune with our talents. Drawing on wisdom about work that is to be found in sociology, psychology, history and philosophy, Roman Krznaric sets out a practical and invative guide to negotiating the labyrinth of choices, overcoming the fear of change, and finding a career that makes you thrive. One in the new series of books from The School of Life, launched May 2012: How to Stay Sane by Philippa Perry How to Find Fulfilling Work by Roman Krznaric How to Worry Less About Money by John Armstrong How to Change the World by John-Paul Flintoff How to Thrive in the Digital Age by Tom Chatfield How to Think More About Sex by Alain de Botton
- Author BiographyRoman Krznaric is an author, cultural thinker and founding faculty member of The School of Life, where he teaches courses about work. He has been named by the Observer as one of Britain's leading lifestyle thinkers, and advises organisations including Oxfam and the United Nations on using empathy and conversation to create social change. For more, see www.romankrznaric.com The School of Life is a London-based enterprise that is dedicated to the most useful ideas relevant to the dilemmas of everyday life. We consider questions like: How can we fulfil our potential? Can work be inspiring? Why does community matter? Can relationships last a lifetime? We don't have all the answers, but we will direct you towards a variety of useful ideas - from philosophy to literature, psychology to the visual arts - that are guaranteed to stimulate, provoke, nourish and console.
- Author(s)Roman Krznaric,The School of Life
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication10/05/2012
- SubjectHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content NoteIllustrations, ports.
- Weight163 g
- Width131 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
- Edition StatementMain Market Ed.
- Reading Age16
- Interest AgeFrom 18
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.