All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'All children will benefit from these activities; all they need is a good teacher's imagination!'uLois Wachtel, CEO and PresidentCreative Beginning Steps Early Childhood Workshops'A fun and interesting read that is filled with helpful ideas to implement in the PreK classroom!'uJill J. Simmons-Stemple, Preschool TeacherUpshur County Schools/Head Start, Buckhann, WVDiscover the key to better management of children's challenging behaviors!This user-friendly resource provides early childhood educators with a comprehensive overview of the most common kinds of behavioral disorders and learning disabilities in children ages 2 to 5, with guidelines for meeting studentsAe needs within an inclusive environment.This ready-to-go guide is packed with hundreds of easy-to-implement strategies, tips, and techniques for managing behavioral disordersufrom ADHD to Tourette's syndrome. Each chapter covers one or more disorders and includes a wealth of checklists to help teachers succeed with and understand hard-to-handle children. The author illustrates ways to help young children learn how to:Develop the ability to regulate their own behavior Solve problemsReplace negative behaviors with positive onesHandle their emotions appropriately Succeed in the classroom and in everyday lifeHow to Handle Hard-to-Handle Preschoolers empowers teachers with the tools necessary for transforming a negative, disruptive classroom into a positive environment for learning.
- Author BiographyMaryln Appelbaum is well-known internationally as an outstanding authority on children, education, and families. She has worked as a teacher, an administrator, and a therapist and has been a consultant throughout the United States. She has written more than 30 how-to books geared exclusively for educators and parents. She has been interviewed on television and radio talks shows and has been quoted in newspapers including USA Today. She owns a seminar training company, Appelbaum Training Institute, with her son, Marty Appelbaum, and they and their speakers train educators all over the world. She has master's degrees in both psychology and education and completed her doctoral studies in both education and psychology. Appelbaum's influence impacts the entire globe with her thoughts for the day that go out to thousands of educators via e-mail daily. Her strategies have been implemented in schools across the world successfully. There is not a day that goes by that someone does not contact her at Appelbaum Training Institute to tell her thank you. Those thank you's come from teachers, administrators, parents, and students whose lives have been impacted by Maryln. Appelbaum's books and her talks are always packed with strategies for success. She is a positive, motivational, dynamic, caring, one-of-a-kind difference maker for the world.
- Author(s)Maryln S. Appelbaum
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication17/02/2009
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, figures
- Weight272 g
- Width177 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $37.91
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.03
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.