Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.46
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.66
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $14.03
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.62
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.98
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $98.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.03
About this product
- DescriptionA guide to easing the suffering of the seriously ill through only an empathetic and informed presence. Jeff Kane, a physician, explains for all types of caregivers - family, friends, physicians, nurses, hospital and doctor office staff members - how to develop a dramatically effective bedside manner . Everyone who has asked the question, How can I help? should find new ways of treating the ill. Readers are shown how to look beyond the disease itself, aiding the sick person to come to a sense of peace and those with chronic or terminal illness to live optimally with the illness. With a foreword by Larry Dossey MD, this guide explains the role of spiritual meaning in health and illness, allowing readers to develop a therapeutic relationship with the sick that alleviates suffering and aids healing. Chapters also cover: special exercises for coping with the complex and conflicting emotions that can accompany serious illness; listening for meaning in the words of the afflicted; using one's eyes, ears and heart when observing the ill; welcoming the opportunity for personal growth that sickness can bring; and healing oneself.
- Author BiographyJeff Kane is a physician and pioneering facilitator of patient support groups. He is the Director of Psychosocial Education at Sierra Nevada Cancer Center and founder of the support program at Sutter Cancer Center. He is a frequent lecturer on sickness and healing and has had dozens of articles published in trade publications. He lives in Nevada City, California.
- Author(s)Jeff Kane
- PublisherAllworth Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/04/2003
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHelios Press,US
- Out-of-print date01/08/2011
- Content Noteline illustrations
- Weight295 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.