All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn a spare urban fable, Bob Graham brings us one small boy, one loving family, and one miraculous story of hope and healing. No one saw the bird fall. In a city full of hurried people, only young Will tices the bird lying hurt on the ground. With the help of his sympathetic mother, he gently wraps the injured bird and takes it home. In classic Bob Graham style, the beauty is in the details: the careful ministrations with an eyedropper, the bedroom filled with animal memorabilia, the saving of the single feather as a good-luck charm for the bird's return to the sky. Wistful and uplifting, here is a tale of possibility -- and of the souls who never doubt its power.
- Author BiographyBob Graham is the author-illustrator of many acclaimed books for children. Of HOW TO HEAL, he says: In troubled times, when many of us are losing contact with the natural world, I wanted to show that there is still hope in a coming generation of children who have curiosity and empathy with the world around them, and that care and attention can sometimes fix broken wings. Bob Graham lives in Australia.
- Author(s)Bob Graham
- PublisherCandlewick Press (MA)
- Date of Publication26/08/2008
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCandlewick Press (MA)
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight472 g
- Width216 mm
- Height303 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Senator Bob Graham
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $89.29Trending at AU $102.55
- AU $13.45Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $49.72Trending at AU $53.97
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $18.87
- AU $10.00Trending at AU $11.94
- AU $7.38Trending at AU $10.69
- AU $8.88Trending at AU $12.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.