All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEver wondered why most classical music concerts are such stuffy affairs? Had to bluff your way through classical music conversations? Trying to get a handle on music by modern composers? Failed to convince teenagers of the merits of Beethoven or Bach? Or just want an absorbing read about music? How to Hear Classical Music is all this and more. Davinia Caddy, an accomplished musician, historian and music writer, provides an illuminating guide that's bound to cause waves. Like all books in the fabulous Awa Press Ginger Series, How to Hear Classical Music will open readers' eyes - and ears! - to exciting new sensations.
- Author BiographyDavinia Caddy began her musical career playing principal flute in the UK's National Youth Orchestra, gained a PhD in music from Cambridge University, and carried out post-doctoral research at Oxford. She is senior lecturer at the School of Music, University of Auckland, where her specialty is 20th-century and contemporary musical culture. She has held awards from the British Academy, Music & Letters Trust, and Scouloudi Historical Foundation.
- Author(s)Davinia Caddy
- PublisherAwa Press
- Date of Publication09/09/2013
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Series TitleGinger Series
- Series Part/Volume Number11
- Place of PublicationWellington
- Country of PublicationNew Zealand
- ImprintAwa Press
- Weight227 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.24
- AU $25.08Trending at AU $33.89
- AU $19.84Trending at AU $29.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.