All listings for this product
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $21.36Trending at AU $24.64
- AU $103.00Trending at AU $108.04
- AU $28.99Trending at AU $31.21
- AU $42.99Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $10.56Trending at AU $12.66
- AU $43.02Trending at AU $51.94
- AU $42.74Trending at AU $50.45
About this product
- DescriptionHave you ever had this conversation with your spouse?Wife: Honey, we need to talk about us. Husband: Do we have to? Drs. Patricia Love and Steven Stosny have studied this all-too-familiar dynamic between men and women and have reached a truly shocking conclusion. Even with the best of intentions, talking about your relationship doesn't bring you together, and it will eventually drive you apart. The reason for this is that underneath most couples' fights, there is a biological difference at work. A woman's vulnerability to fear and anxiety makes her draw closer, while a man's subtle sensitivity to shame makes him pull away in response. This is why so many married couples fall into the archetypal roles of nagging wife/stonewalling husband, and why improving a marriage can't happen through words. How to Improve Your Marriage Without Talking About It teaches couples how to get closer in ways that don't require trying to turn a man into a woman. Rich in stories of couples who have turned their marriages around, and full of practical advice about the behaviors that make and break marriages, this essential guide will help couples find love beyond words.
- Author BiographyDr. Patricia Love is an acclaimed therapist, speaker, and the author or coauthor of six books, including Hot Monogamy, The Truth About Love, and How to Improve Your Marriage Without Talking About It. She has contributed to numerous magazines, including Cosmopolitan, Men's Health, and Woman's World. Steven Stosny, PhD, is founder of CompassionPower, a successful anger-regulation program that he has directed for more than twenty years, and the author of Love without Hurt. Laural Merlington has recorded well over one hundred audiobooks and has received several AudioFile Earphones Awards, including one for Never Say Die by Susan Jacoby.
- Author(s)Patricia Love,Steven Stosny
- PublisherTantor Media, Inc
- Date of Publication19/12/2011
- SubjectMarriage, Family & Other Relationships
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook, CT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTantor Media, Inc
- Weight79 g
- Width163 mm
- Height137 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Narrator(s)Laural Merlington
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time420
- Edition StatementUnabridged
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.