All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBuilding a relationship with a city is a lot like building a relationship with ather person - just as cities can be intoxicating, generous and inspiring, so they can also be dangerous, fickle and impenetrable. How to Live in the City is a book for navigating and nurturing this important relationship. Hugo Macdonald believes you need to feel a city to understand it. He won't tell you how wide the perfect pavement should be but he will show you how to walk down a pavement with eyes wide open. This is a book to help you feel human in an inhuman environment.
- Author BiographyHugo Macdonald is a design, architecture and urbanism critic and consultant living in London. He studied Arabic and Modern History at Cambridge University before moving to London. He was deputy editor of Wallpaper* magazine's website and then design editor at Monocle magazine where he hosted Monocle radio's weekly design and architecture show, Section D. Today he is the brand director at Studioilse, Ilse Crawford's design consultancy. His writing has been published in titles including the Financial Times, The Guardian, the Modern Design Review and the London Society Journal.
- Author(s)Edward Hollis,Hugo Macdonald,The School of Life
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication14/01/2016
- SubjectSelf Improvement: General
- Series TitleThe School of Life
- Series Part/Volume Number6
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight180 g
- Width132 mm
- Height173 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition StatementMain Market Ed.
- Interest AgeFrom 18
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.40
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.70
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $32.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.