Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $92.76
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.73
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.60
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $51.92
- AU $78.77Trending at AU $115.92
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.71
About this product
- DescriptionThe author established a licensed rescue shelter in 2002 to handle the burgeoning problem of loose cats in her community. She quickly discovered why the problem was so large and t being solved. Here it is: People do t understand cats. They don't kw how to handle them, so, when problems arise, they simply throw them away - by the millions every year in the U.S. They are abandoned outside, left at shelters, and often simply killed. All for the flimsiest of reasons. While the euthanasia rate at most shelters is extremely high, the death rate in the wild is also high but isn't ticed because the cats just disappear, leaving many to believe they are living large on mice and birds. But that is a myth. They are t seen because they are dead. However, most are t neutered when abandoned and they reproduce, creating a feral population that grows and grows. In an effort to stop the killing and cruelty, the author created a website to teach people how to handle The Problem Cat in their lives. To reach a wider audience, she then wrote this book to teach in more detail how to succeed with a cat, interrupting the cycle of disposal and replacement in the hope of eventually finding the perfect cat. People want cats, but they generally do t kw how to make it work, and they blame the cat. The author has worked with more than 1,000 cats at her shelter, developing techniques to achieve happy relationships, and it's working. Many satisfied readers have sent completely unsolicited comments and letters to say so. This book is t about a crazy cat lady playing with her hoard of collected cats. The book starts with her personal successes with cats she rescued then adopted to good homes. She then moves on to case studies of cats she helped without even meeting them. Through consultations by email and telephone, many cats have been saved. Warning: these techniques work, so be careful what you wish for. This book won't help if you a.) don't read it or b.) hate cats.
- Author BiographyThe author's previous career as a family physician has provided unique insights for seeking and developing solutions, especially when a behavior problem is actually a health problem and requires veterinary attention. Not everyone is able to make that distinction.
- Author(s)Dr R J Peters,R J Peters
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication04/06/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPets & Equine
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight254 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.