All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.79
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.78
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.50
About this product
- DescriptionNew techlogies w offer accessibility to the medium of video and film for virtually anyone who feels they have something to say. You might be: someone who wants to create a video to share online; someone who wants to record and document everyday events that happen around you; a charity worker wanting to highlight the plight of the less fortunate, or a journalist keen to use film to explore social issues; an artist or a writer eager to experiment within an an audio visual medium; anyone who wants to step into a world of discovery and challenge, and learn new skills along the way.This book offers an abundance of hints, tips and practical advice that will help emerging film-makers discover an exciting form of expression, either for personal satisfaction or to make their mark in a highly competitive industry. It includes: deciding what kind of film you want to make; choosing a camera; choosing your subject matter; dealing with copyright; using music to enhance your film; working with professional actors; researching information and avoiding location problems; production meetings; budgets; schedules; conducting interviews for docum Contents: Preface; Ackwledgements; 1. The Wonders of Choice; 2. The Film Legacy; 3. Deciding on an Approach; 4. A New Box of Tricks; 5. Evaluating Your Options; 6. Nothing Is What It Seems; 7. Mixing Your Ingredients; 8. Avoiding Unnecessary Complications; 9. Plan Ahead; 10. The Creative Framework; 11. Communication is Key; 12. Practical Magic; 13. In the Hot Seat; 14. On the Shoot; 15. The Mechanics of Editing; 16. Piecing the Jigsaw Together; 17. Reaching Your Audience; 18. New Frontiers; Further Reading; Index.
- Author BiographyBob Harvey worked as a dubbing editor and film editor with the BBC, ITV and Channel 4 on numerous series, including Horizon and TheWorld at War, before turning to writing and directing. His career has encompassed documentary, commercials, factual, entertainment, children's and drama. He received a BAFTA for his work on Raven in 2003, has written columns for Broadcast Freelancer, lectured at Ravensbourne College of Design and Communication, and tutors a documentary course at the Metropolitan Film School at Ealing Studios.
- Author(s)Bob Harvey
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication17/04/2008
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHow To Books Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width154 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.