All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $28.80Trending at AU $30.04
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $72.23
- AU $23.61Trending at AU $25.91
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $54.20
- AU $45.91Trending at AU $54.15
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.32
- AU $36.14Trending at AU $41.19
About this product
- Description2009 Calgary Library Foundation Literary Awards: Best Child or Teen Book finalistDelia keeps people away - she thinks she's ugly, she thinks her family is weird; her mom took off and went to India when Delia was a little girl. Delia keeps her distance from others though she has a good friend in Aunt Shirley who helps her to realize that all people have hurts and problems. Through her conversations with Shirley and her explorations in art class, Delia uncovers memories of a car accident, which lead her to discover a hurtful secret at the centre of her family. Shirley is compassionate and honest, though she doesn't allow Delia to wallow in self-pity and anger. She shares with Delia her own hurts and disappointments and so does the art teacher, Ms. Murti. Delia discovers that she's been self-absorbed and has built walls to separate herself from others. Gradually, she is able to accept truth, and to be honest about her pain. She is able to consider that life is full of terrible beautiful aching mystery and that sometimes a coincidence is more than coincidence, it may have to do with something greater, with the alignment of universal forces - with the making of a wave.
- Author BiographyLisa Hurst-Archer was born in Windsor, Ontario. Her mother's family came to Prince Edward Island from the British Isles and the island of Guernsey. Her father's people came to Waterloo County via Pennsylvania as part of a migration of Mennonites. Lisa loves to travel and share stories along the way but always likes to come home to the wide open skies of Alberta. She regards the Rocky Mountains and the rolling prairie as her good medicine.
- Author(s)Lisa Hurst-Archer
- PublisherRed Deer Press
- Date of Publication23/08/2008
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRed Deer Press
- Weight254 g
- Width161 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.