All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionComposting is easy, fun, saves you money and helps you to grow lovely plants. Whether you live in a flat with a balcony or have a family and garden that generate large amounts of food and green waste, this book shows you how to compost everything that can be composted - at home, work or school, and in spaces big or small. It covers: * creating the right mix for successful garden compost * how to compost your food waste safely * the full range of composting systems, from plastic 'daleks' to large-scale units, including prices and suppliers * composting with a wormery * making liquid feeds and your own seed and potting compost * composting in schools, with advice on getting a school scheme started. How to Make and Use Compost features a comprehensive A-Z guide, which includes what you can and can't compost, concepts and techniques, and common problems and solutions.
- Author BiographyNicky Scott is the coordinator of the Devon Community Composting Network; he helps set up community composting groups and advises schools and businesses on composting kitchen waste. He was involved in the development of the 'Scotty's Hot Box' and the 'Ridan' composter, both now widely used for composting food waste. Nicky is the author of Composting for All and Composting: an easy household guide.
- Author(s)Nicky Scott
- PublisherGreen Books
- Date of Publication20/01/2010
- Place of PublicationTotnes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGreen Books
- Content Note8pp colour plates
- Weight408 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.00
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $78.77Trending at AU $116.22
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.