All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.52
- AU $32.89Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.32
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.67
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $51.80
- AU $41.91Trending at AU $52.43
About this product
- DescriptionTo promote safe practice, nursing schools test for basic arithmetic both at interview stage and during the 3 years of nurse training. How to Master Nursing Calculations Australia & New Zealand Edition will help you to cope with these tests, offering a step-by-step approach which will take you from base-level kwledge to competency both in drug calculations and the ability to read drug dosage charts. The book begins with a helpful diagstic section which will help you to identify your strengths and weaknesses, before going on to cover basic numeracy. It goes on to deal with drug dosage calculations and prescription awareness questions at both basic and more advanced levels. You are therefore able to take a measured and progressive approach to your learning. It features clear illustrations showing how to read instrument scales, medical admin records and pharmaceutical labels. Combining drug dosage charts, a chapter on drug administration (including a list of abbreviations and their meanings), mock tests with answers and full explanations, How to Master Nursing Calculations Australia & New Zealand Edition will be an essential asset during your years as a trainee nurse - and beyond.
- Author BiographyChris Tyreman BN is a nurse with the NHS trust. He has taught numeracy to adults via distance learning and evening classes. Dr Patricia Farrar is a senior lecturer in the Faculty of Nursing, Midwifery and Health at the University of Technology, Sydney (UTS). With more than 40 years experience as a registered nurse and nurse educator, Dr Farrar has qualifications in education, Coronary care and cario-thoracic nursing. She is also engaged in clinical practice in a private surgical hospital.
- Author(s)Patricia et al Farrar
- PublisherBusiness & Professional Publishing
- Date of Publication15/03/2009
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationWarriewood
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintBusiness & Professional Publishing
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.