All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
About this product
- DescriptionAmongst Israel's enemies at the time recorded in the book of Judges were the peoples of Mesopotamia, Moab, Canaan, Midian and Philistia. Each had a bad influence on Israel in a distinct way; each seemed unbeatable; and yet each was capable of being defeated. This book is for Christians who desire to live for Christ, and kw they have the power of the Holy Spirit for this very purpose, and yet somehow always find themselves defeated. The author identifies five enemies of the Christian: the World, the Flesh, the Devil, Earthly Things and Carnal Religion. Taking each as illustrated by a particular enemy of Israel, he examines the nature of their opposition and shows how the Christian can overcome each one. A practical guide to 'How to Overcome'.
- Author BiographyJohn Thomas Mawson (1871-1943) was an outstanding evangelist, teacher and author. He edited and contributed to Scripture Truth magazine from its inception in 1909 until 1943 (initially sharing the editorship with H D R Jameson, until the latter's death in 1912). The content of some of his books was originally delivered in series of talks to Christians, young and old, and his writings have a pleasant conversational style about them which makes them easy to follow. His comment on the story of Elisha as enlightening to the mind and delightful to the heart describes well his own written ministry.
- Author(s)John Thomas Mawson
- PublisherScripture Truth Publications
- Date of Publication24/04/2009
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Series TitleUnderstanding the Old Testament
- Place of PublicationMorpeth
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintScripture Truth Publications
- Weight192 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.