Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.23
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.11
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.05
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.87
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.29
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.89
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.02
About this product
- DescriptionShows how to create beautiful paintings in acrylics, from preparing the surface and drawing the scene, to blocking in, building up layers and adding finer details. This title provides: advice on sketching and using photographs; composition and perspective simply explained; and, four step-by-step demonstrations. It includes inspirational paintings.
- Author BiographyPeter Jay studied painting and drawing, first at Beckenham and then at St. Martin's Schools of Art. After a short spell in advertising and a rather longer period in textiles, he moved to the country to paint full time. Based near the Sussex coast, he explored and painted the wilder areas of the surrounding countryside, with a particular interest in the wild flowers. Beach scenes with endless sands or rock pools have been a recent source of inspiration. In 2007 he moved to Somerset and is now inspired by the countryside there. For his seaside fix he has discovered the nearby 'Jurassic' coastline with its plentiful fossils. He exhibits mainly in the South of England, and he has exhibited at the Royal Academy Summer Exhibition on a number of occasions.
- Author(s)Peter Jay
- PublisherSearch Press Ltd
- Date of Publication04/11/2008
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Series TitleHow to Paint
- Place of PublicationTunbridge Wells
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSearch Press Ltd
- Content Note120 colour illustrations
- Weight326 g
- Width216 mm
- Height292 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.