All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a guide to bridge, its history, playing on the computer, basic bidding, card play and defence, with 250 illustrations. It has coverage of the key basic principles, progressing to information about bidding and how to play a hand, both as declarer and in defence. It offers world-class instruction and advice from David Bird, with more than 250 superb photographs and diagrams. It describes the fascinating history of world bridge championships, and the players who have popularized and developed the game we kw today. It discusses bridge computer programs and playing bridge with opponents across the world via the Internet. It includes anecdotes and tips from world-famous players such as Ely Culbertson, Charles Goren and Omar Sharif. Bridge is one of the world's most popular games for centuries, and is well-respected as a strategic game that can be as competitive and technical or as fun and sociable as the players decide. Here is a clear and effective tutorial for beginners, covering all the basic principles of bridge. The book features a full history of bridge for enthusiasts of every ability, from its original roots in 17th-century whist to contract bridge, the game we play today. The heart of the book focuses on the rules, skills and tactics of bridge. Under David Bird's expert tuition, players will learn and improve their game, achieve their desired levels of skill and kwledge and, above all, increase their enjoyment of the game by playing bridge to their full potential.
- Author BiographyDavid Bird is the world's most prolific bridge writer. He has written over 90 books on the game, a total exceeded only by the late championship player Terence Reese. Bridge correspondent for The Mail on Sunday and London's Evening Standard, he is well known for his humorous bridge fiction and contributes regularly to leading bridge magazines around the world.
- Author(s)David Bird
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication14/01/2014
- SubjectHobbies, Pastimes & Indoor Games
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteover 250 photographs
- Weight562 g
- Width219 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.