All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $27.81Trending at AU $30.75
- AU $21.76Trending at AU $26.80
- AU $29.32Trending at AU $31.85
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.91
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.68
- AU $26.39Trending at AU $26.97
About this product
- DescriptionHave you ever dreamed of being able to pick up a guitar and perform before a crowd, whether it be in the supercharged atmosphere of a rock concert or the ambience of a blues or jazz club? This detailed book is the ideal guide to accompany aspiring guitarists on their journey of musical discovery. How to Play the Guitar is the beginners' introduction to guitar playing and basic musicianship. It tells you what to look for when choosing your first instrument and amplifier, demonstrates the techniques used to form and pick tes and chords, and shows how you can greatly extend your abilities by learning to read musical tation and tablature.
- Author BiographyNick Freeth was born in London in 1956, and began playing guitar as a teenager. After a 20-year career in music radio production, initially at the BBC World Service and Jazz FM, he wrote his first book, The Acoustic Guitar, in collaboration with Charles Alexander in 1997; The Electric Guitar, by the same authors, appeared the following year. A keen acoustic and electric guitarist, Nick's favourite players are Pat Metheny, Jerry Garcia and Frank Zappa.
- Author(s)Nick Freeth
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication24/03/2010
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note150 photographs
- Weight839 g
- Width228 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.