All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHow To Practice Mayan Astrology presents a contemporary guide to one of the most sophisticated astrological systems ever developed. Like other ancient peoples, the Maya looked to the cycles of the planets as markers of time and designators of order. The predictable cycles they observed became codified in the Mayan calendar and astrological system as a way of organising the seeming chaos of human life. Mayan astrology is based on 20 named days that are cycled 13 times to create a 260-day calendar, the Tzolkin. The authors explain the symbolism, logic and meaning of the 20 day-signs; how these signs reflect 260 possible personality types; and how they can be used for divination. They, also, explain the important role of the Four Directions and the planet Venus in one's personality matrix and life issues. Included are extensive, easy-to-use tables of Mayan astrological data, allowing readers to determine their day-signs, to see how these signs are, also, influenced by the cycle of the Night Lords and the 13-day trecena and to cast their own horoscopes. This title discusses the logic and meaning of the 20 day-signs of the Mayan calendar; explains the many cycles of Mayan astrology, such as the 9-day cycle of the Night Lords and the 13-day trecena; and contains extensive tables of Mayan astrological data, allowing readers to cast their own Mayan horoscopes.
- Author BiographyBruce Scofield is the author of seven books on astrology, including <i>Day-Signs: Native American Astrology from Ancient Mexico</i> and <i>Signs of the Time: An Introduction to Mesoamerican Astrology</i>. He has been a practicing astrologer for more than 36 years and lives in Amherst, Massachusetts. Barry C. Orr is a software developer who designed some of the early computer programs used by technical astrologers. He is coauthor, with Bruce Scofield, of the <i>Maya-Aztec Astro Report</i>, a software program that identifies personality delineations based on the Mayan calendar. He lives in New Jersey.
- Author(s)Barry C. Orr,Bruce Scofield
- PublisherInner Traditions Bear and Company
- Date of Publication14/12/2006
- SubjectAstrology & Fortune-telling
- Place of PublicationRochester, VT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1900
- ImprintBear & Company
- Content Note14 black and white illustrations
- Weight550 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $41.79Trending at AU $43.10
- AU $17.59Trending at AU $22.61
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.14
- AU $43.42Trending at AU $48.90
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $33.73
- AU $17.82Trending at AU $26.00
- AU $11.97Trending at AU $20.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.