All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.26
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.07
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.46
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $56.95
About this product
- DescriptionThe article-based thesis is becoming increasingly common, especially in the 'hard' sciences such as biology, medicine and techlogy, and is beginning to replace the traditional mograph. Format guidelines vary among universities. This is the first book to summarise the main features, showing the PhD student how to prepare a thesis in such a format. The suggestions are highly practical; both its good and bad examples from published theses support the author's wise advice on all aspects of such theses. Poor figures are t only scrutinised in detail but also redrawn for comparison. Guidance also covers the issues of reprint permissions and copyright. This informative and accessible book, from the author of How to Write and Illustrate a Scientific Paper, has been developed through the author's extensive teaching experience in scientific writing and also his experience as a journal editor. It is therefore an indispensable guide to article-based thesis success.
- Author BiographyBjorn Gustavii has been teaching courses in scientific writing for doctoral students for over 30 years. He brings his personal experience to this book, both from his work as a journal editor and from producing more than 100 of his own research papers. He is the author of the highly successful How to Write and Illustrate a Scientific Paper (2nd edition, Cambridge University Press, 2008).
- Author(s)Bjorn Gustavii
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication18/10/2012
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note40 b/w illus. 2 tables
- Weight170 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.