CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $26.07Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $37.10Trending at AU $43.40
- AU $29.30Trending at AU $31.81
- AU $70.85Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.39
- AU $19.05Trending at AU $23.14
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is for concerned, modern parents who recognize that the old ways of raising children need some serious updating. After World War II parents were cast adrift in a drastically changed world that affected all our lives forever. Suddenly young people floundered with more sexual freedom, needed more education, had to think in new ways, were faced with a more competitive job market, were struggling with increasing divorce rates among their parents, saw changing moral and value systems, needed more sophisticated social skills, and required many other survival skills. This trend has accelerated into today. This book helps you to teach your children ways to deal with our skewed, modern world by incorporating proven old methods with the new.
- Author BiographyJoe Wilkins is a retired licensed professional counselor and certified rehabilitation counselor. He has degrees in psychology/sociology and rehabilitation counseling. He worked for the State of Georgia for thirty years as a mental illness and alcohol/drug counselor, during which time he maintained a private, general counseling practice. He was a co-founder of several human-service agencies and served in numerous positions with these and other organizations. He is a past member of the National Rehabilitation Association, the American Counseling Association, the National Rehabilitation Counseling Association, the American Mental Health Counseling Association, the American Society for Training and Development, the Georgia Rehabilitation Association, the Georgia Rehabilitation Counselor's Association, and the Georgia Licensed Professional Counselor's Association. He is a strong advocate of traditional family values and individual responsibility and initiative. He is married, with two children. He is an active member of the Lutheran Church in America.
- Author(s)Associate Professor of English Linfield College USA Joe Wilkins
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication17/07/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight277 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.