All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOff-road riding is one of motorcycling's most popular pursuits and also one of its best training grounds for improving street-riding skills. Off-road riding takes many forms, from motocross and enduro racing, to dual-sport day trips, to trail riding, to adventure tours. No matter the specific pursuit, all dirt riding (and much street riding) shares the same basic skill set. How to Ride Off-Road Motorcycles schools the reader in all the skills necessary to ride safely and quickly off-road. Chapters cover the basics, such as body position, turning, braking, and throttle control, then proceed to advanced techniques, such as sliding, jumps, wheelies, hill-climbing, and more. If you've ever wanted to try dirt riding or if you're an experienced rider looking to sharpen your skill set, How to Ride Off-Road Motorcycles is a perfect riding coach.
- Author BiographyAuthor Gary LaPlante has 40-plus years experience riding and racing a wide variety of motorcycles as well as teaching others how to do so. He achieved several Arizona state trials championships before becoming nationally ranked in 1976 while riding for Kawasaki. Kawasaki subsequently hired Gary to work in R&D as a test rider and mechanic. Gary stays fit and currently maintains his trails and desert-racing skills at a vetexpert level. Gary founded MotoVentures in 1998. He lives in Southern California.
- Author(s)Gary LaPlante
- PublisherMotorbooks International
- Date of Publication26/07/2012
- SubjectRoad & Motor Vehicles: General Interest
- Place of PublicationWisconsin
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMotorbooks International
- Content Note400 colour illustrations
- Weight658 g
- Width5334 mm
- Height270 mm
- Spine15 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $44.08Trending at AU $51.53
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.83
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $19.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.