All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTo sail a boat is a magical, and sometimes mystical, experience. The sailor is free from the cares of life on land, entirely absorbed in the enterprise of moving a craft across the water. For the uninitiated, though, this is madness. Whatever reason can there be for willingly putting yourself at the mercy of nature's unpredictable forces, winds, waves and weather? In this captivating book, Matt Vance takes you inside the mind of the sailor, from the first scary moment of handling a boat solo to the exhilaration of sailing across oceans and discovering new worlds. His stories and those of his fellow madmen will captivate sailors young and old - and if you're a landlubber you may just find yourself yearning for the blue horizon.
- Author BiographyMatt Vance is a New Zealand-based writer, artist and filmmaker specialising in quirky tales from the South Pacific, Southern Ocean and Antarctica. His stories and photographs have appeared in NZ Listener, Sunday Star-Times and Wilderness magazine. Matt has travelled extensively throughout the Pacific and has an immodest enthusiasm for his family, an old yacht named Siward and a motley collection of eccentric friends.
- Author(s)Matt Vance
- PublisherAwa Press
- Date of Publication01/06/2013
- SubjectTrue Stories
- Series TitleThe Ginger Series
- Place of PublicationWellington
- Country of PublicationNew Zealand
- ImprintAwa Press
- Weight181 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.08Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.37Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.