All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a bite-sized guide to making change happen and the story behind the No More Page 3 campaign, written by its founder. Change doesn't just happen. It starts with the idea that something could be different, could be better. It starts with a person who is brave eugh to stand up and say, 'Stop.' This is what Lucy-Anne Holmes did when she wrote a letter to the editor of The Sun asking him to stop printing pictures of topless women on Page 3 of the paper. This was something that had been happening for forty five years but which - she suddenly realised - she found outdated and inappropriate and, after thinking about it, t unrelated to a lot of the bad things that happen to women. Launching a digital campaign, starting an online petition and recruiting a team of like-minded people, Lucy-Anne started a revolution. Hundreds of thousands of people signed the petition, wore the campaign t-shirt and dared to say #NoMorePage3. Lucy-Anne had never campaigned on anything before. She wasn't particularly political. She'd never been confrontational. But she found that you only need one thing to start a campaign - and it isn't cash, experience or even a thick skin. It's passion. If you have a desire to change something, read what Lucy-Anne has to say. She's been there, done that, worn the t-shirt and come out the other side having made a difference in the world.
- Author BiographyLucy-Anne Holmes founded the No More Page 3 campaign in 2012. She is also an actress and writer. She has written four fiction novels, 50 Ways to Find a Lover, The (Im)Perfect Girlfriend and (Un)like a Virgin Her latest novel, Just A Girl, Standing in Front of A Boy is nominated forBest Romantic Comedy Novel at the Romantic Novelists Awards.
- Author(s)Lucy-Anne Holmes
- PublisherTransworld Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication26/03/2015
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCorgi Books
- Weight46 g
- Width110 mm
- Height160 mm
- Spine4 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.