All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $20.16Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $28.45Trending at AU $29.55
About this product
- DescriptionHow to Stay Married & Love It! Solves the puzzle of how to create and sustain a loving, passionate, healthy relationship. This volume in the two volume series covers the four essential pieces for building a strong foundation: Accepting each other's point of view as valid, (2) Fostering intimate connection by learning and using great speaking and listening skills, (3) Committing to respect each other 24/7 by productive management of upsets, and (4) Committing to each other and the relationship for life. Nancy and her late husband Jim share these skills which they learned as they navigated the mine field of ermous conflict to the SoulMate marriage of their dreams. Illustrations are also shared from couples they taught in their classes and who were personally coached by Nancy. Marriage is skill-based. It either succeeds or fails based on how the partners treat each other. Failing love is the result of poor relationship skills. Love returns, often greater than before, when new, effective ways of managing communication and conflict are learned and consistently applied. Giving up on a marriage because the love is gone is like selling a car because it ran out of gas! This book demonstrates How to... heal from past hurts, find solutions that meet both persons' needs and reignite love or build on the love you already enjoy!
- Author BiographyAt a very young age, Nancy decided she would write books to help others have happy, loving relationships. She had no idea where that journey would take her or how strenuous the lessons would be. The road eventually led to a Masters Degree in Spiritual Psychology. Nancy, with her late husband Jim, taught their marriage skills workshops to hundreds of couples in locations throughout California. Since his passing, Nancy has continued to teach the skills that gave Nancy and Jim the marriage of their dreams. Nancy has presented several workshops, particularly about step-family strategies, at the national Smart Marriages Conference and National Association of Relationship and Marriage Education. (NARME) Two couples' stories of being coached back from the brink of divorce have been featured in the national magazine, FIRST for Women. In 2010, Nancy was invited by Mary Ortwein, the author of Mastering the Mysteries of Love, to adapt that relationship skills program for use with stepfamilies. Mastering the Mysteries of Stepfamilies has been successful in helping many stepfamily couples adapt relationship strategies to their unique needs. Her life-long hunger continues as she learns more about the ingredients of healthy relationships. She enjoys sharing the powerful results of her search through writing, speaking, teaching and private coaching. Currently, two pups named Max and Toby welcome her as their caretakers in a home on a semi-desert half-acre in Southern California. Lessons from Max, Toby, her six chickens and her gardening are occasionally featured in a blog. She optimistically hopes she can tame the dirt and weeds into a refuge of beauty and peace without raising her water bill through the roof. (She's given up taming Max and Toby!) Temperatures range from 10 F to 110 F, so finding plants that survive both extremes is proving difficult! Nancy does her best to bring balance to her life with family, friends, fiercely competitive table games, exercise, visits to the farmers market for organic produce, gardening, drawing book illustrations, an occasional sewing project, and painting anything from a piece of furniture to her wide, white front porch!
- Author(s)Nancy Landrum
- PublisherRiver Publishing
- Date of Publication06/10/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMarriage, Family & Other Relationships
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRiver Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight513 g
- Width163 mm
- Height269 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.