All listings for this product
About this product
- Description<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC -//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2//EN > Going to university is exciting, but it can also be stressful. What courses should I take? What program should I choose? Will I get a job after graduation? This book shows that the best preparation for success on the job, and in life, is succeeding at university. Teamwork, meeting deadlines, overcoming challenges, writing well, and dealing with people are essential in any professional job. These same skills are also vital to becoming a strong student. This practical guide shows you how to master the critical skills and strategies for success at school, work, and in life.
- Author Biography<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC -//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN > Thomas R. Klassen is a professor in the Department of Political Science and in the School of Public Policy and Administration at York University in Toronto. He has written widely on a number of topics, including retirement, pensions, unemployment, immigration, gambling, and discrimination. His most recent book is Retirement in Canada. His articles on current affairs appear in newspapers and other outlets. In addition to teaching in a variety of disciplines - including sociology, political science, labour studies, public policy, and business administration - Professor Klassen has worked in both the private and public sectors. He particularly enjoys collaborating with others and is part of several large-scale writing, research, and international development projects with colleagues around the world. John A. Dwyer is a professor emeritus in the Department of Humanities at York University in Toronto. His research interests are the Scottish Enlightenment and Eighteenth-Century Sentimentalism. He has published extensively on the philosopher Adam Smith and the novelist Henry Mackenzie. He has also written a textbook used by business schools, Business History: Canada in the Global Community. A gifted teacher and winner of many awards for his classroom activities, he has taught nearly everything from natural science, history, ethics, and business. Most recently he taught a course titled On Love. In addition to being a professor, he worked for many years as an administrator and consultant.
- Author(s)John A. Dwyer,Thomas R. Klassen
- PublisherUniversity of British Columbia Press
- Date of Publication01/08/2015
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Place of PublicationVancouver
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of British Columbia Press
- Weight318 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.52Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $31.94Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.