All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the definitive guide on how to prepare for any crisis, from global financial collapse to a flu pandemic. It would only take one unthinkable event to disrupt our way of life. If there is a terrorist attack, a flu pandemic, or sharp currency devaluation, you may be forced to fend for yourself in ways you've never imagined. Where would you get water? How would you communicate with relatives? What would you use for fuel? Survivalist expert James Wesley, Rawles, editor of SurvivalBlog.com and a former US Army Intelligence officer, shares the essential tools and skills you will need for your family to survive, including how to find and build a retreat, store food, supply power, rear animals, administer medicine, barter, and defend your family. 'Save those wine corks. Burned cork makes quick and cheap face camouflage.' 'Store only foods with minimal spices. When you are surrounded by starving people, just heating up a can of spicy chili con carne could be a death warrant.' 'If you are on a budget, you might get away with a good-quality bolt-action rifle...'
- Author BiographyJames Wesley, Rawles is the founder and editor of SurvivalBlog.com, the internet's most popular blog on preparing for future disasters. He is a former US Army Intelligence Officer and a world-renowned expert on survivalist topics, including food storage, self-defence, communications, retreat security, survival vehicles, and gardening for self-sufficiency. His clients include Fortune 500 executives, clergy, and entrepreneurs. He and his family live in a fully self-sufficient retreat that is nestled in a mountain range somewhere west of the Rockies.
- Author(s)James Wesley Rawles
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication07/01/2010
- SubjectSelf Improvement: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Books Ltd
- Weight234 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine20 mm
Most relevant reviews
- caz013609 Apr, 2012by
Great Book, Information is priceless, Well worth the read.
This book is great for anyone that wants to expand their survival knowledge. I purchased this book to use as a reference and the information in it is priceless. Some topics this book covers are as follows: - Mind Set - Your list of list to be prepared - Water (the key resource) How to store, how much to store, how to purify, ideas to find more - Fuel and Home power - Gardens and Livestock - Medical Supplies and Training - Communications and Monitoring - Home security and self defence The book has 316 pages of helpful information. Well worth the read.
- micahdoron11 May, 2013by
Absolutely brilliant! And don't judge the the book by the title, this is a VERY well thought out and written book. I couldn't put it down. Who knows what is around the corner, will it be an extreme scenario, or just an economic flat period? Whatever, this book covers it all. Remember, we are conditioned to discount the scenarios in this book. This might be the best book purchase you ever made, no kidding. Nice one, James!
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.85Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.43Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53