All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the widely acclaimed HOW TO TALK series, discover tried and tested communication strategies to survive - and thrive - with kids ages 2-7 The all-new content in this book deals with struggles familiar to every parent, relative, teacher and childminder. How do you respond to the toddler who won't brush his teeth? The preschooler who pinches the baby? The child who throws everything she can reach? It's hard to be a little kid. It's hard to be an adult responsible for that little kid. And it's really hard to think about effective communication when the toast is burning, the baby is crying and you're exhausted. This book will help readers do just that. Organized according to everyday challenges and conflicts, and including real-life examples and the series' trademark cartoons, this book is a survival manual of communication tools, including a chapter that addresses the special needs of children with sensory processing or autism spectrum disorders.
- Author BiographyJoanna Faber lectures and conducts workshops based on her mother's work and her own experiences as a parent and educator. She contributed heavily to her mother's award-winning book, How to Talk So Kids Can Learn, with her frontline experience as a bilingual special education teacher. She wrote a new supplement for the thirtieth anniversary edition of How to Talk So Kids Will Listen & Listen So Kids Will Talk, entitled The Next Generation. Joanna lives in Putnam Valley, New York, with her husband, three children, dogs, cats, and an assortment of chickens. Julie King has been teaching parenting and communication skills to parents, teachers and other professionals since 1995. She is a highly regarded workshop leader, public speaker, and parenting consultant. Her most popular workshop, How to Talk So Kids Will Listen, is based on the bestselling books of Adele Faber and Elaine Mazlish. She has presented to numerous schools, nonprofits, and parent groups. Julie and her husband have three children and live in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Author(s)Joanna Faber,Julie King
- PublisherTemplar Publishing
- Date of Publication26/01/2017
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Series TitleHow To Talk
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPiccadilly Press Ltd
- Weight342 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine26 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $21.88Trending at AU $34.44
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $20.37Trending at AU $22.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.