All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.98
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.13
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.02
About this product
- DescriptionHow to Teach Poetry Writing at Key Stage 3 is a practical manual for teachers, to be used directly in the classroom. The book begins with a series of poetry games designed to warm up creativity and strengthen the imagination. These are followed by a series of creative poetry workshops, based on the writer's own experience both as a teacher and poet running workshops in schools, which focus on developing a 'poetry base' for young writers. This imaginative base provides a range of poetic techniques and gives pupils experience in developing a repertoire of different forms. The book also offers advice on how to organize an effective workshop, and demonstrates how to teach poetry writing in a dynamic, creative and imaginative way in relationship with the KS3 national framework. Pie Corbett also provides useful advice on working with visiting poets in school, addresses for relevant web-sites, a list of books for follow-up work and a glossary of poetic forms and techniques. Workshops include writing from first hand observation; autobiography - valuing our lives; writing about paintings, sculpture and music; surreal boxes and the bag of words; secrets, lies, wishes and dreams; creating images, taking word snapshots; riddles - hiding the truth; and red wheelbarrows and messages for mice.
- Author BiographyPie Corbett is a freelance writer and poet. He has worked as an English Inspector in Gloucestershire, an Ofsted Inspector, and has run training nationally for the NLS.
- Author(s)Pie Corbett
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication16/08/2002
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintDavid Fulton Publishers Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight249 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.