All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionLearning a language and being able to speak it do t go hand in hand. This book provides both structured activities to get students speaking and ideas for developing confidence in using English outside the classroom. Essentially, this book: * examines the different approaches and activities that can be used for teaching and testing speaking. * covers areas of speech such as articulation, fluency and register. * looks at classroom approaches such as drilling, discussions, drama, dialogues and conversation.
- Author BiographyScott Thornbury is from New Zealand originally but he started his teaching career in the UK in 1975. Since then he has lived and worked in both Egypt and Spain, teaching, training teachers, and writing materials. In 1991 Scott did an MA in TEFL at the University of Reading. He has written a number of books about language teaching (including How to Teach Grammar and How to Teach Vocabulary), as well as lots of articles for journals and magazines (such as Modern English Teacher and English Teaching Professional). Scott has also given conference presentations at conferences in six different continents. At present Scott lives in Barcelona.
- Author(s)Scott Thornbury
- PublisherPearson Education Limited
- Date of Publication08/09/2005
- SubjectELT Course Materials
- Series TitleHow to...
- Place of PublicationHarlow
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight280 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Series Edited byJeremy Harmer
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.