All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNow in an updated second edition How to Teach Writing Across the Curriculum: Ages 8-14 provides a range of practical suggestions for teaching n-fiction writing skills and linking them to children's learning across the curriculum. Emphasising creative approaches to teaching children's writing in diverse and invative ways, it provides: * information on the organisation and language features of the six main n-fiction text types (recount, report, instruction, explanation, persuasion and discussion) * suggestions for the use of cross-curricular learning as a basis for writing * planning frameworks for children to promote thinking skills * advice on developing children's writing to help with organisational issues - paragraphing and layout, and the key language features * examples of n-fiction writing * suggestions for talk for learning and talk for writing (including links to 'Speaking Frames'; also published by Routledge) * information on the transition from primary to secondary school. With new hints and tips for teachers and suggestions for reflective practice as well as a wealth of photocopiable materials, How to Teach Writing Across the Curriculum: Ages 8-14 will equip teachers with all the skills needed to create enthusiastic n-fiction writers in their classroom.
- Author BiographySue Palmer is a writer, broadcaster and education consultant. Specialising in the teaching of literacy, she has authored over 150 books and has contributed to numerous television programmes and software packages. She is the author of Speaking Frames: How to Teach Talk for Writing: Ages 8-10 and Speaking Frames: How to Teach Talk for Writing: Ages 10-14, also published by Routledge.
- Author(s)Sue Palmer
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication20/08/2010
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleWriters' Workshop
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note30 black & white illustrations
- Weight310 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.19
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $19.03Trending at AU $22.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.