All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWho first thought of atoms? How much can you learn about archaeology from an oil lamp? Who came up with the theory of the 'wandering womb'? Oxford Classicist Jane Hood delves into the history, culture, literature, mythology and philosophy of ancient Greece, Rome and Egypt, using her expert eye to unearth unexpected gems, glittering fragments and quotable nuggets from a lost world. From ancient cosmetics to the earliest kwn computer, from the deciphering of ancient languages to the amazing things the Romans did with concrete, this is the essential miscellany for all curious minds, whether you learned the Classics at school or t.
- Author BiographyJane Hood is an expert in Classical languages, literature and philosophy, having held positions in Ancient Philosophy at the University of Oxford and in Ancient Medicine at the Wellcome Institute.
- Author(s)Jane C. Hood
- PublisherIcon Books Ltd
- Date of Publication03/09/2015
- SubjectAncient History
- Place of PublicationDuxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintIcon Books Ltd
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.82Trending at AU $55.90
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.93
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.