Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $96.31+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $94.43+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis useful guide explains the workings of the press and other media, and gives concrete, practical advice on how to work with them effectively. The authors provide examples of all likely media situations and offer clear directions for handling them, showing academics how to use the media rather than be used by them.
- Author BiographyJames Alan Fox, the Lipman Family Professor of Criminology, Law, and Public Policy at Northeastern University, has written 18 books, including Violence and Security on Campus: From Preschool through College. He has published dozens of journal and magazine articles, as well as hundreds of freelance columns in newspapers around the country in the areas of multiple murder, youth crime, school and campus violence, workplace violence, and capital punishment. He is a member of the USA Today Board of Contributors and writes the Crime and Punishment blog for The Boston Globe. In addition to giving keynote talks and testimony before Congress and in court, Fox has worked on criminal investigations surrounding serial and mass murder cases. He was awarded the 2007 Hugo Adam Bedau Award for excellence in capital punishment by the Massachusetts Committee against the Death Penalty and the 2008 Klein Lectureship by Northeastern University. Jack Levin is the Brudnick Professor Emeritus of Sociology and Criminology at Northeastern University, where he co-directs its Center on Violence and Conflict and teaches the sociology of violence and hate. He has authored or co-authored 31 books, including Serial Killers and Sadistic Murderers-Up Close and Personal and The Violence of Hate. He has published more than 100 articles in professional journals and books and more than 150 columns in major newspapers, such as The New York Times, The Sunday London Times, The Chicago Tribune, The Washington Post, and USA Today. In 2013, he received the Lifetime Achievement Award in Crime and Delinquency from the Society for the Study of Social Problems (SSSP). Levin has spoken to a wide variety of community, academic, and professional groups, including the White House Conference on Hate Crimes, the National Organization of Hostage Negotiators, and the International Association of Chiefs of Police.
- Author(s)Jack Levin,James Alan Fox
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication01/08/1993
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Series TitleSurvival Skills for Scholars
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 2
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight148 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.26
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $33.19
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.