All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn invaluable guide on how to lighten up from a distinguished pro who has provided laughs for JAY LENO, BILLY CRYSTAL, STEVE MARTIN, ROBIN WILLIAMS, BRAD GARRETT, WHOOPI GOLDBERG, AND MANY MORE. Who hasn't wished for the perfect withering comeback line, a clever tension-breaking quip, or a winning flirtatious remark? Being funny is hard work and t everyone is a natural. How to Be Funny is a witty guide that teaches readers precisely how to be funnier in everyday life. It's a must-read for anyone who has to speak in public, be engaging and funny at work or at play, or who hopes to one day go out on a date. Jon Macks, a comedy writer for The Tonight Show with Jay Le, the Academy Awards, the Emmy Awards, Hollywood Squares, and the nation's top comedians, politicians, and corporate leaders, kws his funny business. Here he demystifies the process of making people laugh, breaks down the basic building blocks and types of humor -- which include self-deprecation, misdirection, deadpan delivery, sarcasm, and the reverse -- and reveals the best approaches to use in common situations. How to Be Funny features helpful (and hilarious) tips and anecdotes from the comic legends Mack's worked with -- including Jay Le, Arsenio Hall, Gilbert Gottfried, Billy Crystal, Rita Rudner, Dave Barry, and Carrie Fisher -- in his eleven years as one of the nation's top television writers. Whether the goal is to give a memorable public address or deliver a killer line with friends, How to Be Funny is a charming, instructive, and practical read.
- Author BiographyJon Macks, author of Heaven Talks Back, From Soup to Nuts, and Fuhgeddaboutit, is a writer for The Tonight Show with Jay Leno. He has written for seven Academy Awards shows, nine Emmy Awards shows, and has a weekly comedy segment on The Paul Harris Radio Show on The Big 550/KTRS St. Louis. In addition, he writes for Hollywood Squares and for over a dozen of the nation's top comedians, politicians, corporate leaders, and sports commentators. He lives in Los Angeles.
- Author(s)Jon Macks
- PublisherSimon & Schuster Australia
- Date of Publication15/09/2003
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Place of PublicationEast Roseville
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintSimon & Schuster Australia
- Weight190 g
- Width139 mm
- Height214 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.