Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $168.19
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $105.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.30
About this product
- DescriptionComing of age in the writings of decadent Europe, prose poetry re-discovered its voice through modernist American literature. Many leading writers have championed prose poetry and w, emerging from these traditions, Patricia Debney adds her own resonant voice.
- Author BiographyPatricia Debney was born in Texas in 1964 and moved to Britain in 1988. After years of writing mainly fiction, she returned to writing prose poetry in 2003. That year her long prose poem, 'Andamento' was a shortlisted winner in the writers inc competition, and other prose poem publications soon followed. Her work has appeared in various anthologies and journals, including New Writing, Sentence, Writing Women, Birdsuit, as well as online. In 2001 she won the Mathew Prichard Short Story Award, and she has been shortlisted for the Asham Award twice. Her libretto for the chamber opera, The Juniper Tree, was premiered in London and Munich by Almeida Opera and the London Sinfonietta. She holds an MA in Creative Writing from the University of East Anglia, and is now a lecturer in creative writing at the University of Kent. She lives with her husband, a composer, and their two school-age children.
- Author(s)Patricia Debney
- PublisherSmith/Doorstop Books
- Date of Publication16/09/2005
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationHuddersfield
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSmith/Doorstop Books
- Width140 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine5 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.