All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOnce upon a time, there was a nice boy and his name was Gideon. He lived in a nice house, and he had nice parents and lots of toys. But Gideon wasn't satisfied. He wanted to be a hero. You kw, a hero, with his name on the front page of the newspaper. That sort of thing. So how does anyone get to be a hero, anyway? Heroes have to be strong. Heroes have to be brave. Heroes have to be clever. Don't they? With wry humour, Florence Parry Heide and Chuck Groenink explore how we choose our idols in a witty story that leaves it to readers to decide the real nature of heroism.
- Author BiographyFlorence Parry Heide is the author of many acclaimed books, including The Shrinking of Treehorn (illustrated by Edward Gorey), Princess Hyacinth (illustrated by Lane Smith), and, more recently, Dillweed's Revenge (illustrated by Carson Ellis). She passed away in 2011. Chuck Groenink has illustrated books on both sides of the Atlantic Ocean and on one side of the Pacific. He lives with his wife and their two cats in Syracuse, New York.
- Author(s)Florence Parry Heide
- PublisherChronicle Books
- Date of Publication04/10/2016
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationCalifornia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChronicle Books
- Content NoteFull-colour throughout
- Weight386 g
- Width262 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsWith printed dust jacket
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $17.00Trending at AU $18.75
- AU $8.96Trending at AU $16.83
- AU $14.96Trending at AU $20.83
- AU $9.34Trending at AU $15.64
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $14.56
- AU $10.15Trending at AU $11.84
- AU $20.68Trending at AU $23.69
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.