Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $30.81Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.12
About this product
- DescriptionThere comes a time in every girl's life where she has to leave behind the follies of youth and embrace adulthood. No longer can you get away with spending a Friday night necking bottles of cheap alcopops on a park bench until dawn, you must instead present a sophisticated, cultivated persona to the world. With so many terrible role models out there (we're looking at you Z-list celebrities, drunkenly photographed falling out of cabs and straight into the following day's papers), girls need a firm hand to guide them on the path to civility, and that's where How to be a Lady comes in. As morals become looser and manners become rarer, Alexandra Parsons attempts to redress the balance and have people behaving in far more appropriate ways. First up is How to Dress, featuring tips on presentability and helpful hints on choosing the right outfit for any social engagement. Next comes How to Behave in Public, explaining how to interact in polite society, whether it's at a dinner party or a hotel bar. The Ladylike Lifestyle chapter will teach you all you need to kw about careers, relationships and family life. Finally, Speaking and Writing Like a Lady covers elocution, teaching people to prounce their words properly, think before they speak, and deliver the killer quip.
- Author BiographyAlexandra Parsons is an author, editor, and perfectly mannered lady. Her father was a captain in the British Army and she attended Cheltenham Ladies College, one of the finest schools in the British Empire, ensuring she grew up with impeccable manners. The author is based in Richmond, London.
- Author(s)Alexandra Parsons
- PublisherCICO Books
- Date of Publication10/04/2014
- SubjectEntertainment & Etiquette
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCICO Books
- Content Note60 colour artworks
- Weight314 g
- Width123 mm
- Height185 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.