All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTo some, they are the graduates grasping the first rung on the ladder to power, to others, the unsung heroes of the British parliamentary system. But whether your tion of parliamentary researchers is more The Thick of It than The West Wing, more Yes Minister than House of Cards, there is doubt that these individuals play an essential role in keeping the giant (and, let's be honest, slightly creaky) machine that drives British politics from juddering to a halt.Branded bag-carriers while actually performing vital duties like drafting speeches and Parliamentary Questions, handling the media and engaging with constituents online, parliamentary researchers do the dirty work behind the scenes, allowing their bosses to focus on their main job - performing.With the help of case studies and guest writers, Robert Dale, himself a former parliamentary researcher, tells the fascinating story of how the MP's office has developed over recent decades, and combines practical advice with acute personal observations on how to get ahead as a researcher.If you're a graduate looking to take your first step into politics, or simply interested in the job around a third of our current Cabinet had before becoming an MP, How to Be a Parliamentary Researcher offers a compelling insight into how the British political system really operates.
- Author BiographyRobert Dale ran the parliamentary office of Andy Sawford, former MP for Corby and shadow minister. He had the unique experience of walking into Parliament alongside his MP the first day after their by-election victory. Despite never studying politics, Dale oversaw the development of the MP's office in Westminster and was responsible for supporting all parliamentary duties. He now leads on digital and social media strategy at a lobbying and public affairs agency. This is his first book.
- Author(s)Robert Dale
- PublisherBiteback Publishing
- Date of Publication17/09/2015
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Series TitleHow to be a...
- Series Part/Volume Number3
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBiteback Publishing
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.