Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $43.29Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $23.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTo learn all you need to kw about gardening in Texas, you could collect a whole shelf full of specialized books on topics ranging from soil preparation to tree care. But all you really need is Howard Garrett's Plants for Texas. In this one book, you'll find a virtual encyclopedia of over 500 Texas plants—trees, shrubs, flowers, vines, grasses, vegetables, fruits, weeds, and cover crops—along with complete, easily understood instructions for planting and maintaining them. Gardening expert Howard Garrett draws on years of landscaping experience to provide all-you-need-to-kw about each plant: Latin and common names sun or shade requirements mature height, spread, and recommended spacing type of bloom and fruit propagation habit and culture recommended uses problems tips and tes To help gardeners avoid costly mistakes, Garrett also specifically tes which plants grow very well or very poorly in Texas. In addition to the species descriptions (which are beautifully illustrated with color photos), the book includes reliable, easy-to-follow instructions for planting design, soil preparation, planting techniques, and plant maintenance. Garrett advocates a sensible organic gardening program that works with nature to create healthy yards and gardens. Whether you're a first-time homeowner planting a new yard or a seasoned gardener looking for new ideas and information, Howard Garrett's Plants for Texas is the book you need.
- Author BiographyHOWARD GARRETT is a landscape architect, certified arborist, horticulturist, and organic practitioner in Dallas, Texas. He promotes his organic gardening program, The Natural Way, through his WBAP radio and Channel 8 TV shows, weekly column in the Dallas Morning News, monthly Dirt Doctor's Dirt magazine, The Organic Manual: Natural Gardening for the 21st Century, and regional and national speaking engagements. His previous UT Press books are Howard Garrett's Plants for Texas, Dear Dirt Doctor: Questions Answered the Natural Way, Herbs for Texas (with Odena Brannan), Texas Bug Book: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly (with C. Malcolm Beck), and Plants of the Metroplex: Newly Revised Edition.
- Author(s)Howard Garrett
- PublisherUniversity of Texas Press
- Date of Publication01/06/1996
- SubjectAgriculture & Farming
- Place of PublicationAustin, TX
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Texas Press
- Content Note505 color photos, 3 tables
- Weight766 g
- Width5499 mm
- Height7128 mm
- Spine330 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.16
- AU $17.87Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $43.47Trending at AU $44.49
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $37.13
- AU $25.92Trending at AU $34.15
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $73.39
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.