All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe second edition of Zinn's landmark writings on history brings together 27 short writings on activism, electoral politics, the Holocaust, Marxism, the Iraq War and the role of the historian, as well as portraits of Eugene Debs, John Reed and Jack London, showing how Zinn's approach to history evolved over nearly half a century while explaining his fundamental premise: that social movements - people getting together for peace and social justice - can change the course of history. Zinn selected these writings for their enduring cultural value.
- Author BiographyThe visionary historical work of professor and activist HOWARD ZINN (1922-2010) is widely considered one of the most important and influential of our era. After his experience as a bombardier in World War II, Zinn became convinced that there could no longer be such a thing as a just war, because the vast majority of victims in modern warfare are, increasingly, innocent civilians. In his books, including A People's History of the United States, its companion volume Voices of a People's History of the United States, and countless other titles, Zinn affirms the power of the people to influence the course of events.
- PublisherSeven Stories Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication08/09/2011
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSeven Stories Press,U.S.
- Weight255 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byHoward Zinn
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $30.87Trending at AU $31.45
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.