All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.32
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
About this product
- DescriptionThe book is a horticultural, botanical and ethbotanical mograph of Brugmansia (Solanaceae), the most potent of South American entheogens (psychoactive plants used for religious/spiritual purposes in shamanic cultures). Brugmansia is the only widespread continental plant genus of several species kwn solely in cultivation, and with w nearly 2000 cultivars, this book provides a world cultivar register with reference to the International Code of Nomenclature for Cultivated Plants. This is the first full taxomic revision of the genus Brugmansia ever published, and combines original field research and horticultural expertise with a review of well over 600 bibliographic references, covering a range of fields from anthropology and ethbotany, through to biology, pathology, biotechlogy and horticulture.
- Author BiographyAlistair Hay is a retired senior research scientist and Director of Botanic Gardens and Public Programs at the Royal Botanic Gardens Sydney. He has been cultivating Brugmansia in warm temperate Australia for 25 years.
- Author(s)Adolfo Holguin,Alister Hay,Monika Gottschalk
- PublisherRoyal Botanic Gardens
- Date of Publication10/05/2012
- SubjectLife Sciences: Botany
- Place of PublicationSurrey
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRoyal Botanic Gardens
- Content Note350 colour illustrations, 25 black & white illustrations
- Weight2080 g
- Width230 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine36 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.