All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe only comprehensive guide to the foods, farms, and restaurants of the Hudson Valley: a food-lover's guide to the farms, local foods, open-air markets, restaurants, and regional cuisine of New York's historic and bountiful Hudson River Valley. New York's scenic Hudson Valley, a bucolic land of farms and vineyards, is often compared to California's Napa and Soma Valleys. Each year more than 1 million people visit the area, drawn as much by its culinary and agricultural attractions as its spectacular scenery, historic architecture, and opportunities for outdoor recreation. The small family farms, vineyards, and orchards of the Hudson Valley produce artisanal cheese, pasture-raised poultry and meats, handcrafted wines, and organic produce. They supply local restaurants and farmers' markets and the Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park, as well as the restaurants and Greenmarkets of New York City, only 90 miles away. Hudson Valley Harvest is a sourcebook for those who live, weekend, and vacation in the Hudson Valley. Interviews and profiles of farmers and specialty producers round out specific information on farm festivals, events, and family activities. The author provides an up-to-date guide and schedule to farmers markets and seasonal farmstands, as well as a guide to regional restaurants. 10 black & white photographs, index.
- Author(s)Jan W. Greenberg
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication08/08/2003
- SubjectWhere to Stay / Where to Eat & Drink
- Place of PublicationWoodstock
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCountryman Press Inc.
- Content Note10 b&w photographs, index
- Weight480 g
- Width155 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.