All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.27
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
About this product
- DescriptionHuman Capital Management (HCM) has recently been described as a high-level strategic issue that seeks to analyze, measure and evaluate how people policies and practices create value. Put simply, HCM is about creating and demonstrating the value that great people and great people management add to an organization. This unique book describes how HCM provides a bridge between human resource management and business strategy. It also demonstrates how organizations can use the concepts of human resource management and the processes involved to enhance the value they obtain from people while continuing to meet their aspirations and needs. Baron and Armstrong explain how to achieve these objectives using various approaches including describing the concept of HCM and how the process works, discussing its application in numerous areas within an organization and examining the role of HR in HCM and the future of the concept. It also contains a toolkit which organizations can use to develop their own HCM policies and practices.
- Author BiographyAngela Baron is an advisor at the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development. Her areas of expertise include; resourcing and organizational development. Michael Armstrong is the UK's bestselling author of Human Resource Management books including Armstrong's Handbook of Human Resource Management Practice and several other titles published by Kogan Page. With over a million copies sold, his books have been translated into twenty-one languages. He is managing partner of E-Reward as well as an independent management consultant. Prior to this he was a chief examiner of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD).
- Author(s)Angela Baron,Michael Armstrong
- PublisherKogan Page Ltd
- Date of Publication03/08/2008
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintKogan Page Ltd
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight369 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine37 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.